Emergency Dental Care
Are you experiencing painful dental issues? Have you suffered oral trauma? No need to worry, Timber Springs Dental Care is here to help! Our experienced team members will provide you with high-quality emergency dental care that will give you peace of mind during anxious times for your oral health. Abscesses, tooth decay, infected gums, cavities and other oral health problems can be incredibly uncomfortable, and we are ready to bring you the relief you have been waiting for.
If you are not experiencing oral pain but still have a dental issue such as a cracked tooth, broken dentures or a misplaced filling, and need emergency dental care near Orlando please do not hesitate to give us a call at 321-710-3435! Research shows periodontal problems can potentially elevate the risk for other health issues, including diabetes, stroke and cardiovascular disease.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
Our experienced team is here to help when an emergency happens! Discover how we can help prepare and protect you and your family with our emergency dental care services.
Continue reading for more information on what is considered a dental emergency or call our Orlando, Florida office immediately at 321-710-3435 if urgent assistance is required!
Types of Dental Emergencies
So, what constitutes a dental emergency? When a toothache or another dental emergency strikes, the emergency team at Timber Springs Dental Care are trained to quickly respond by connecting you with a provider who can give prompt relief. We handle a wide range of emergency dental issues, which may include:
- Toothaches- Severe pain is a sign that something is amiss. The longer you wait, the more difficult (and expensive) the solution. Rinsing out your mouth with warm saltwater will hopefully dislodge any trapped food between your teeth. If you are experiencing facial swelling, use a cold compress and acetaminophen for temporary relief.
- Cut Tongue, Lip, or Cheek- For bleeding, apply pressure with sterile gauze to reduce the chances of infection and complication. Use your better judgment as well; if the cut looks significant, and bleeding does not seem to be subsiding, contact an emergency room.
- Broken, Cracked, or Chipped Tooth- Not sure what to do for a broken tooth? Start by rinsing the area with warm water. Place a cold compress over the site of the injury. If you can, recover any broken tooth fragments. If possible, save the tooth fragment and rinse both your mouth and the salvaged tooth pieces with warm water.
- Knocked Out Permanent Tooth- Recover the tooth and hold it by the crown (top), not the root. Rinse, but do not over-cleaning or over-handling. Put and hold the tooth in place using a clean piece of gauze or cloth. If reinsertion is impossible, carry the tooth in a cup of milk or water. Stopping the bleeding is most important. Don’t remove any attached tissue, they help re-secure the tooth!
- Broken Wires and Braces- If a wire breaks or sticks out of a bracket in your braces and pokes around your mouth, try and push it to a non-bothersome position. If you can’t do this, add a cotton swab until you can see your provider. Leave the wire as is. You may swallow it if cut.
- Cold, Canker Sores, and Abscesses- Over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen can provide temporary relief as well. Use only as directed. An abscess is a serious infection that typically occurs in the gumline around the teeth. If left alone, infections might spread to the body. Visit your emergency provider as soon as possible if you discover pain or swelling in the gums.
To expedite your care, Timber Springs Dental Care also recommends adding 321-710-3435 to your contacts so that, if an emergency happens, you can reach us immediately. Keeping our information handy will not only help you save valuable time; it could be important in helping to rescue an injured tooth.
Other Dental Emergencies
If any other peculiar symptoms or pain persists, or you are wondering where to go for a dental emergency, please give us a call so we can help determine if you need to come into our practice or to the emergency room. With emergency dental care, you can spend less time worrying about if the dentist is open and more time fixing the problem at hand!
How to Avoid Dental Emergencies
Accidents are unplanned, and therefore hard to prepare for. The best option for staying in front of a dental emergency is to be preventative. Schedule regular exams every six months and continue your regimen of good oral hygiene. Brush at least twice a day, floss once per day, and avoid brittle foods like hard candy that may do damage to your teeth!
Schedule an Emergency Dental Care Service Today!
At Timber Springs Dental Care, we understand that the luxury of time is often unavailable when an emergency happens and that the need for rapid response can be nerve-wracking. When a dental emergency happens, your health and comfort are our first priority. If you are experiencing serious oral pain, call Timber Springs Dental Care directly at 321-710-3435.
Our team will provide quick relief when a dental emergency happens. Reaching Timber Springs Dental Care after the office has closed is also easy with our after-hours service! So, if you have a dental emergency, and need emergency dental care near Orlando, FL, call Timber Springs Dental Care at 321-710-3435.